Old 09-04-15, 11:03 AM
indyfabz

Mentioned: 167 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8851 Post(s)
Liked 539 Times in 335 Posts
Originally Posted by jeneralist View Post
The bike is a custom Bilenky titanium tourer -- well, custom for someone else. For me it was a Craigslist find. (One nice thing about a shop as small as Bilenky -- I was able to confirm that it wasn't stolen.)
Can't go wrong with a Bilenky. I recently had Drew at Wissahickon Cyclery build me a custom ti road bike. If it's ever stolen he would be the second person to know so any potential buyer could check with him. I know a guy who had his Colnago C-40 stolen from a Jewish center in Germantown. Years later someone walked into Bicycle Therapy trying to sell the bike. The shop owner thought he recognized the bike and told the guy he wanted to hold onto it and check it over before buying it. After the guy left, the shop owner called the owner of the bike, who told him to look inside one of the bar ends to check for his business card. Sure enough, the card was there. When the guy came back the next day the shop owner paid him the little bit of money the guy was asking for the bike just to avoid trouble.