Old 09-08-15, 01:52 PM
crank_addict
Banned

Mentioned: 93 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1361 Post(s)
Liked 423 Times in 282 Posts
With gaucho777 and his Look KG86, ratfink76 Bottecchia ADR, I'll add to the Greg LeMond theme.

Slow going but I'm building for one of the granddaughters a Bilatto made early LeMond tribute in Team Z livery. The color combo plus graphics is all pop and girls like that stuff.

Not going for accuracy but LeMond character pieces. Haven't fully decided on the Mavic parts but definitely is getting a custom starfish crank and Scott drop-in bars. Might even use a vintage Avocet saddle and computer.
The maybe list also includes Suntour Cyclone shift group with my practice in drillium.

Have to add, after doing the Motobecane team BiC / Ocana tribute, I'm hooked into doing more like this. I really enjoyed doing the theme build for a youngster. Could care less what the purist say, its for the kids and they love it. Having downtube shifters or dual control, type of pedals doesn't matter to them. They easily learn or adapt and scoot along just fine.

Not going nutz in doing though. Another goal is keeping a tight budget with a total cost on par of a big box store new bike. This being possible using classic parts and new rubber. Its a challenge yet reality considered a loss if labor time is factored. Bringing back to life junk and scratched parts, mix / match wheel building, trashy but classic frames to something interesting and different is fun but takes time. After the LeMond faux team Z, I may be onto a Merckx of some sort or LOOK Hinault.