View Single Post
Old 09-08-15, 06:20 PM
RideTheLion

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
New Member/New Bike

First post here, but I've lurked thousands of posts to get information on biking/commuting. I decided I hate going to the gym, I want to stay in shape and I love riding a bike. 3 birds with 1 stone. I will mainly be commuting, but I live in Asheville, NC, and there are a lot of light trails around here so I made up my mind and went with the 2015 Specialized Crosstrail Sport Disc. I love it so far (just got it today but rode a 2005 elite before). I've read a lot about hybrids being pointless, boring, grandpa bikes, but as a 27 year old musician who still feels young and "hip," I feel like I'm on an urban assault vehicle with the matte black finish and beefy build of the bike. That, and I have a lot of fun on it, so I have no regrets. I haven't seen many other people with Crosstrails on here, but I'd like some feedback on what you think about yours, modifications done, any long distance rides/touring capabilities, disc or other malfunctions, etc... I have been looking at the Origin8 drop bar ends for longer rides (30+miles) but so far have only added the CatEye headlight, taillight and computer package. Hopefully this will be a great bike to get around the city, and also go on weekend trail rides. It's pretty hilly here, but the Crosstrail seems to climb spectacularly (with suspension locked out) considering the weight of the bike. Well, cheers. (Hopefully this photo link works)

Last edited by RideTheLion; 09-08-15 at 06:21 PM. Reason: I spell like an idiot