View Single Post
Old 09-11-15, 10:32 AM
350htrr

Bikes: 27 speed ORYX with over 39,000Kms on it and another 14,000KMs with a BionX E-Assist on it

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1024 Post(s)
Liked 57 Times in 49 Posts
Originally Posted by TheLibrarian
Where to begin? I'll try to keep it brief and segmented so you dont have to read everything.

1. Whats up with ebike legality in NYS as a whole forget NYC? I have no problems throwing blinkers and liscence plates on there if thats what it takes. I'd even buy a motorcycle or moped if NYS is

2. How is the handling? some videos show people hitting jumps even doing flatland tricks bmx style.

3. Charge? the Specialized or other websites say 3-4 hours or 60+ miles. I assume with pedaling it can be indefinite so does that mean the 3-4 quoted hours is with the thing on full blast no pedaling? at least medium blast i hope.

4. Not a real Q but, a 20 mile commute would just be dumb by any standard? Possible but grueling and it is the north east afterall.

No time now so thats all about ebikes as I learn about and consider them. I'll debate anyone who feels morally superior to ebikes for some reason. Bring it!

1; IMO if you need a licence you may as well go scooter or moped...
2; The handling is not really the same as a normal bike as it's usually way heavier.
3; Most distance estimates are inflated, the only sure way would be throttle only as pedaling effort can wary hugely for different people...
4; 20 miles on an E-Assist bike is not the same at all as just pedaling a normal bike and so is doable IMO.