Old 09-14-15, 07:41 AM
ColaJacket

Bikes: Fuji Sportif 1.3 C - 2014

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by LGHT
I wouldn't get a hybrid because I occasionally want to ride dirt. What I did was put all my money into the best road bike I could get and then a few months later found a good older hybrid for playing in the dirt from time to time.

Riding a hybrid for 50 miles a day would be a serious sacrifice just to get in an occasional dirt ride. Plus having 2 bikes allows you to put 23 tires tires on the road bike and the 28's on the hybrid.
Between it probably being a size too small (if it don't fit, it's not a good deal), and the fact that you want to do 50 mile trips (on a flat bar hybrid?), I would advise you not to get the bike.

Now if you could get a good deal on a 58cm gravel grinder with drop bars, where you could put 28mm (or lower) tires on it for road riding, then you should go for something like that. The Felt V85 is supposed to be good for that (as well as other biked in the link).

If you want to do single track technical trails and long road rides, you're better off getting 2 bikes. A gravel grinder is probably going to be the best compromise, especially if you want to do 50 mile rides.

GH

Last edited by ColaJacket; 09-14-15 at 07:48 AM.