Old 09-15-15, 02:49 PM
indyfabz

Mentioned: 183 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9629 Post(s)
Liked 1,124 Times in 696 Posts
Originally Posted by since197three View Post
WOW. You really upped the bar with those rides lol. I really just begging to ride seriously and only up to 15 miles. A long road ahead of me.
Thanks. Hoping to take another cross country trip when I retire at age 60--in 9.5 years. It's never too late. The strongest guy on my cross country trip was 60. (The oldest was 76.) He had been a CHiP for 30 years. Retired at 55 after 30 years of service. He rode a full suspension MTB towing a B.O.B. trailer. His wife had been a seamstress and made his tent. It was huge and heavy. We nicknamed it "the Condo." He carried CHiP key chains for each member of the group and gave them to us at breakfast on the last day. I still use mine.

The thing that really appeals to me is riding through a nice area then setting up my little home away from home at the end of day. The perfect evening includes cooking a nice, hot meal (although I have made some so-so ones due to lack of choices), drinking some wine, reading by a campfire then crashing in the tent. 45-60 degrees is great sleeping weather. One night in IN the low was about 85, and it was humid with no breeze. That is not fun.