Thread: Bianchi BB woes
View Single Post
Old 10-10-15, 12:47 PM
FBinNY 

Bikes: too many bikes from 1967 10s (5x2)Frejus to a Sumitomo Ti/Chorus aluminum 10s (10x2), plus one non-susp mtn bike I use as my commuter

Mentioned: 124 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4351 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
The solution is very simple. You want to mount SR cranks, so there's no reason to limit yourself to a Campy BB. Once you determine whether you have an Italian 36mm, or BSC 1.37" (about 35mm) threaded BB shell, you can shop for any square taper bottom bracket. There's a large selection of spindle lengths in various qualities in BSC, and a decent though more limited selection in Italian.

If you don't know which thread you have, the first step is to check markings on the existing BB cups. Next the width of the shell is a decent clue, Italian are 70mm wide, BSC is 68mm. Also BB right side cups have a left hand thread, and lastly you can measure the OD of the left cup Italian will be 36mm, BSC just under 35mm.

Good luck

An ounce of diagnosis is worth a pound of cure.

“Never argue with an idiot. He will only bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.”, George Carlin

“One accurate measurement is worth a thousand expert opinions” - Adm Grace Murray Hopper - USN

WARNING, I'm from New York. Thin skinned people should maintain safe distance.

Last edited by FBinNY; 10-10-15 at 12:58 PM.