Stucky
Old Fart

Bikes: '97 Klein Quantum '16 Gravity Knockout

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 163 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by avidone1
True, but then again, in my 'hood' my wife or I have left the garage door open all night, not once but twice. And on both occasions nothing was missing from the garage. Yes, there are black folks in my neighborhood.
America is much more of a crime culture though than Canada. Even in some of the best areas, if you left your garage door open and unattended for 2 hours(Even in very expensive middle-class suburbs) stuff would walk away. In the suburb of New York City where I used to live, you have people in $750K+ houses who have crack-heads rummaging through their backyards every night, who will steal anything that isn't bolted down. In the City itself, even in some of the best areas, virtually everyone lives with bars on their windows on at least the first story.

Usually the biggest difference between the better areas here in the US vs. the hood, is the greater level of violence and brazenness of the criminals in the hood.

By comparison, Canadians are friendly and polite- I could imagine even a Canadian mugger would probably be like: "Hey, like, could you give me your money, eh?"