Old 10-17-15, 04:15 PM
Yendor72

Bikes: 2016 Trek Emonda SL, 2016 Framed Wolftrax

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 119 Post(s)
Liked 10 Times in 9 Posts
Originally Posted by Nick Bain
I am cheap too but if I don't have the funds I will wait until I do instead of buying something sup-par and having to upgrade it later. That's just me though, when you make limits you box yourself in and decrease potential. That being said I am still a little shocked you can't find something for 1k yet.
Well, we went to the LBS and they had a black and purple Framed Wolftrax with the SRAM X5 2x10 and my wife fell in love immediatley. She rode it around and was grinning ear to ear. I rode it as well and found it quite tossable. I think the tires will be able to handle the snow and we should be able to convert them to tubeless. It comes with 4" tires, but I believe the frame can handle 5" if we decide to go that route. We wont have them for a few days, but I am excited to give it a shake down ride before the snowballs fly. We also got the fatbike tire trays for our Saris bike rack. Mine will be black and yellow to match my Camaro.

I am short so stand over height was an issue, I have a longer torso so my road bike is a little on the big side for my legs, but my reach is dang near perfect. On the fat bike the 17" was fine in the reach for me, but the stand over was non existent, I ordered a 15" one for me. My wife has longer legs and is taller than me so she went with the 17". We'll probably end up swapping stems because she looked a little stretched out.