Thread: 3 Eggs
View Single Post
Old 10-19-15, 10:26 AM
Gnosis

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
You’ll have to excuse me, but knowing firsthand how headstrong most women are; I find it somewhat difficult to fathom that a grown woman concerns herself with the “negative comments/raised eyebrows” of family members as concerns that which she prefers to consume.

If those family members are that obnoxious, I’d elect to ditch them altogether and this isn’t mere idle chatter. I had family members who also presumed themselves empowered to make judgments on all kinds of matters and in all honesty, they were more trouble than they were worth, so I eventually elected to ditch them and it felt fantastic to rid myself of those self-righteous losers. They were so obnoxious that I’m unable to miss them (and it’s been 20+ years now—it was a good riddance).

A friend (who was a police sergeant that I rode with for many years) once conveyed his negative family situation and summed it up wisely. He said: “You get to pick your friends, but your family is dumped on you via no choice of your own. Ultimately, it’s up to you to decide whether family members are the type of people that make you want to associate with them. Reality being; some family members aren’t worth their never-ending hassles.”

So, eat that which pleases you and ditch your unwarranted concern for family’s “raised eyebrows” and their negative comments. If they don’t like what you’re eating, then tell them “it’s actually none of their business” (and it surely isn’t). You only live once; enjoy each day and that certainly includes enjoying the types of meals that YOU prefer…