Old 10-20-15, 08:48 PM
francophile 
PM me your cotters

Mentioned: 80 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1137 Post(s)
Liked 588 Times in 420 Posts
I just want to say, huge thanks to both @DKop3 and @greg3rd48. These two gents facilitated shipping of suitable bikes. @DKop3 drove an hour out of the way to pick up an 80's Corbier for $50 in Valparaiso, did a great job of packing and shipping it out quickly. From finding the bike to receiving it took less than 7 days. @greg3rd48 actually found what I believe is an '88 Nice (full SIS) on eBay I scored for $140, picked up from the seller after work, had it professionally packed for and shipped to me at no charge, which was beyond awesome.

If I can figure out what the original FD and crank were on this Nice, I think it's likely what I'm going to be building up for auction. I'll do my best to post pics of the finished bikes beforehand. I managed to get a 4 week extension to drop off the week of auction in light of delay in getting the road bike to go with it and the lack of storage at the school amongst other auction items.

Anyway - thanks Greg and Eric for an awesome facilitation experience. You helped save my ass in a pinch!