Old 10-23-15, 04:18 PM
InTheRain

Bikes: 2007 Rocky Mountain Sherpa 30 (bionx), 2015 Cannondale Synapse Carbon Ultegra

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 141 Post(s)
Liked 11 Times in 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Robert C
I am not a sport rider. As such, most of the anti-ebike arguments fall deaf on my ears. I ride to get to work, church, and the market.

That being said, yes, I would use an e-bike. In China I had an e-scooter. I also had, and have, a sport bike for fun riding. Again, riding to work is not about fun, it is about getting to work. I actually have an e-bike kit on order. The wind here is winning. In the mornings the wind is against and is generally between 15-20mph (I check on wunderground before I leave).
Totally agree. "commuting" is the process of getting to work. I try to commute in the most enjoyable way for me. 99 percent of the time, that is not in a car. Most of the anti e-bike arguments seem to have something to do with fitness. That has nothing to do with my regular bike commute or my e-bike commute. It's a byproduct of my enjoyment of riding a bike. Some people see it as "cheating." But those same people don't see it as "cheating" when they ride a 14 lbs carbon fiber road bike on a commute and someone else rides a 40 lbs Walmart bike. I don't really see how you can "cheat" on a bicycle commute???

Maybe it's more prevalent than I thought. Do I need to realize that every time I hop on my bike to commute, that I'm actually in a race?