Old 10-25-15, 05:38 PM
FBOATSB 

Bikes: Old Stuff

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 682 Post(s)
Liked 129 Times in 101 Posts
Originally Posted by Hardrock23 View Post
I just started riding in the summer but iv had issues with the nerves in my lower back and my neck for a couple years. I never considered this when starting to ride again though, and didnt think about it until my leg gave out on me again the other day.

My neck is worse/constant but im starting treatment soon for that. But its still up in the air about my lower back. I mentioned i started riding during my last appt but my doctor didnt comment on it either way. Ill be asking right out this week though when i go in.

Anyway, im just wondering if those who have the same/similar issues have noticed, or know, if riding can generally help or make it worse?
Hi hardrock, when I read about your leg "giving out" on you I had to chime in. When my leg "gave out" on me, last year, I had spinal fusion surgery 30 days later! But sounds like you're not ignoring that. To address your question, you might have take some "healing time" off the bike after whatever your treatment is. Work with your doctor and I presume you will be going to a physical therapist also so you can work riding into that. You might have to change riding style and duration for a while also. I couldn't ride with drop bars after my surgery and had to change my bike to upright bars. Next year I should be able to change back to the drop bars. Good luck and keep posting with your progress!