Old 10-25-15, 06:08 PM
rideorglide

Bikes: Leader 780-R; Rockhopper FSR;Trek 660; Kona Blast Hardtail

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Yes, I've had some major neck herniations (C-5,6,7 and some issues with T1, plus numeros other cervical bulges and degenerate discs) over the last 10 years, and still have residual effects from pinched nerves in the neck. also some nerve issues in the legs, but not as painful or debilitating.

It has kept me off the bike for periods of up to a year and a quarter of physical therapy, acupuncture, chiropractor, meds, whatever it took to get well. Probably missed at different times, 3 years of cycling out of the last 10 due to cervical nerve issues, over 4 different episodes.

At worst it was a 9/10 constant day in day out pain in the arm, shoulder, biceps, triceps, hand, index and middle fingers and thumb. Numbness, burning, and constant muscle spasm like my biceps and triceps was locked in a tightened C-Clamp ... Neck muscles were the first to de-spasm, but the nerve affected all of the above, plus pectoral and upper back.

I am still not symptom free (last epodes was 2 years ago I can no longer surf without major risk, the prone position aggravates it but I can ride so I am immensely thankful for that.

Long and the short of it, I am limited to about 1.25 to 1.5 hour rides max. I avoid cycling in the drops for extended periods.