Old 10-28-15, 10:08 PM
Dacino3

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Had a $1,600 budget from selling the road bike to obtain an E-Bike

Thanks for all the information already listed in this forum. It really helped me come to a conclusion. I was searching for an electric bike that would speed up my all season 40 mile round trip commute to work (road, paved trails, dirt trails). After pretty extensive research I was planning on building my own and spent a few weeks looking for a frame on craigslist. Eventually I decided that waterproofing a home built electric bike that would handle heavy rain and snow could prove to be challenging. I was concerned about becoming stranded, as well as many other challenges of constructing an E-Bike.

I continued my search for new and used e-bikes when I came across this for $1,500 for a new IZIP Express http://www.amazon.com/Izip-IZIP-Expr.../dp/B00CKZK6RA. I was impressed with its higher top speed and large battery. I verified the battery was recently tested by curie tech and IZIP's warranty was valid. It seems this bike is not desired due to it's weight, noise, and E-Assist only mode (none of which will be an issue for me). For my purposes I hope to get a long life out of the bike with many miles.