Old 11-19-05, 02:29 PM
O_O

Bikes: 2004 Norco Screamer

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by zx108
forum seems to be a little less active now. i guess it is because some people are not biking as much.

so i decided to post something that might spark a little conversation.

i dont know if anyone else has noticed but mountain biking has been getting a nice amount of publicity. there was a whole, um, how-to on turning and stuff on the discover channel. they are in alot of commercials i see now. what do you guys think of this? i like to see the sport growing, but do you think it will get to that point. were everyone knows about it and there are just tons of people riding. i dont know about you guys but i like the feeling of being in something that not a whole lot of people do.

ANY comments are welcome.
Agree. If the sport grows it won’t really affect me when I ride urban. But when I go out to the country or the trails there is something cool about not seeing a single person for hours and hours and that it's just you and your bike. More publicity would make it increasingly difficult for that to happen. I've only been biking for 2 years but I like where the publicity level is. Enough publicity for different mtbing innovations and a fair number of shops that have dealt with mtb's, but little enough that we're still a small minority even among bikers. It's definitely a good thing to be doing something that not everybody else is, sets you apart and makes you cool independent.