Old 10-29-15, 02:11 PM
350htrr

Bikes: 27 speed ORYX with over 39,000Kms on it and another 14,000KMs with a BionX E-Assist on it

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1024 Post(s)
Liked 57 Times in 49 Posts
Originally Posted by Ridefreemc
Agreed! But some are legal and some are not.......that is what I was saying. Also, mine has a throttle and pedal assist. Hmmmm, but I stay under 20 mph with the motor (pedaling or not), therefore legal in FLA.
Yes, there are lots of angles... I am just pointing out the differences between systems... I too have a throttle and a PAS system on my bike, when ever I use the throttle I think of my bike as a moped, when I use the PAS I think of my bike as a normal bike with "some" assistance (35%) in level 1 which is what I use 90%+ of the time so I still pedal 65% in total for basically any ride... Now doing 100% assistance free would certainly count for more... But it's way more doable/enjoyable/practical/... for me and my situation...

As for the legal, I suspect most if not all throttle bikes are not, (legal I mean)... JMO

EDIT; there are starting to be PAS bikes out there that allow assist over 20MPH so People are always looking to beat the system.

Last edited by 350htrr; 10-29-15 at 05:41 PM. Reason: spelling...