Old 10-29-15, 07:04 PM
Dave Cutter

Bikes: '17 Access Old Turnpike Gravel bike, '14 Trek 1.1, '13 Cannondale CAAD 10, '98 CAD 2, R300

Mentioned: 62 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1571 Post(s)
Liked 12 Times in 9 Posts
Originally Posted by baron von trail
Ok. So, I took off and went through a red light when all was clear. A few hundred yards past the light, I hear one of the drivers who was stopped at the light complain to me about it as she passed me. I ignored her.

What business is it of hers?
Most likely it was none of her business. But maybe she was an off duty cop... and too busy to screw with a pithily little matter while off the clock. Maybe she was just being overly emotional because she lost a child, sibling, spouse, parent.... or a foot to a cycling-automobile accident.

Who knows, who cares. We ride our own rides, we make our choices and take our chances, we take our lumps.

Mostly... I am pretty law abiding. But I sort of... sometimes (I don't ride EVERY day) bend the laws when cycling. I don't rationalize my behavior, or care who gets upset. If I ever do get a ticket or get myself hit by a car (or the fist of an angry motorist) I'll know to blame that guy that shaves my face in the mirror.

If what happens in Vegas, can stay in Vegas....... certainly what happens on an urban bicycle ride... can stay on the street.