View Single Post
Old 11-03-15, 04:27 PM
figc

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by cyclotoine
Is there damage to the races of the bottom bracket bearings? You should be able to get it smooth, new balls? Grade 25? Correct number? What is it, 10 per side? I don't even remember... been so long. anyway you can get a traditional cup and cone replacement I am sure. I am guessing you need 111mm for that 1st gen chorus crank. The 1st gen chorus is one of my favorite groups from that era.

I am going to give my unsolicited opinion. Put the monoplanar brakes back on! They are beautiful and the old record just look wrong!

Beautiful marinoni. I have been thinking about sending my 1981 back for some time.

So I guess since its not a problem using loose bearing in the BB I'll have to recheck the races and size/number of bearings....I think there were 11 when I counted last and the spindle and cups didn't look worn...time to open her up again....

Very much appreciate the opinion on the brakes and I agree, N.Record doesn't look right with the other components. I just don't like the fact that the brakes don't have a quick release and the Campy Aero levers I have are missing the handle bar mounting brackets. I suppose I could try to find those....but I was planning on using NOS Shimano 600 Ultegra levers with the calipers...you've given me something to think about though...thanks,