Old 11-08-15, 04:18 PM
RR3
Banned

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by wphamilton
In other words "A soft answer turns away wrath." It does work, and is almost always better than a heated confrontation.
Except wrath hath done preceded a normal verbal human response. A speeding motorist passes on a no-pass country lane and cuts another vehicle off the road. Damage done. It is hard to describe her driving actions in writing. But to pass me on such a narrow lane a mere few hundred feet from her driveway is irrational, which when coupled with her threat to run me over next time sheds all the light I need on her intent and motive. THAT is why I will avoid that road.

My response was purely verbal and was direct without any profanity. I was louder than I should have been but a mere 1 mile prior, another car was stopped on the left side of the road at her mailbox (going the wrong direction). I slowed way down. Suddently and while reading her mail, she pulls straight across the road into the driveway of her horse farm. I went into the ditch but I was only doing maybe 7 mph....slow. That road is jinxed. I'll take the hillier, busier route home.