Old 11-11-15, 09:27 PM
cb400bill
Forum Moderator

Bikes: Fuji SL2.1 Carbon Di2 Cannondale Synapse Alloy 4 Trek Checkpoint ALR-5 Viscount Aerospace Pro Colnago Classic Rabobank Schwinn Waterford PMount Raleigh C50 Cromoly Hybrid Legnano Tipo Roma Pista

Mentioned: 58 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3089 Post(s)
Liked 6,593 Times in 3,781 Posts
I have some info about this Bianchi courtesy of forum member, and Canadian bicycle maven, T-Mar.

It is definitely a Canadian market model, which would account for the atypical head decal and fully chromed forks. The light blue decal just below the front derailleur clamp is a Pedlar's bicycle shop decal. Pedlar's was a well known Toronto based shop.

The presence of the Ishiwata 022 decal would make it a Japanese manufactured frame and a step above the suggested Sport SS. It is more in line with the Bianchi Limited that was marketed in the USA.

That particular logo scheme, with the double hockey sticks having a different color at the tips, was used only in 1985. Earlier years can be be further discounted by the absence of a Piaggio decal which was used 1981-1984 (even on Japanese manufactured, Canadian market models). The only anomaly regarding 1985 is the Cyclone Mk II, which was superseded by the New Cyclone in 1985. However, the Cyclone Mk II was still cataloged, so it's possible that the Canadian distributor decided to spec the older version which was substantially lighter and less expensive (and much better looking by common consensus). . Based on current evidence, 1985 is the best candidate.

Unfortunately, I don't recall the model name, though the Japanese manufactured frames for the Canadian market typically utilized an Italian influenced name, unlike the USA. For instance, the Canadian models that were comparable to the Sport and Sport SS were named Bici I and Bici II in Canada.