View Single Post
Old 11-13-15, 03:21 PM
rholland1951

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 532 Post(s)
Liked 1,696 Times in 872 Posts
Was able to take the better part of Friday off, and chose to use some of that to take the Rawland Nordavinden out for a cool and gusty ride. Kind of fun to ride the Minuteman in daylight, when everything is visible...

For instance, Mill Brook...

... and the MWRA pumping station...

... and Arlington's Great Meadow, looking sere, but with a faint rainbow inconspicuously arcing across the center of this image...

... a photographer photographing phragmites, under big, puffy clouds (and getting photographed, herself)...

... and the aforementioned big, puffy clouds...

... and another look at that rainbow. A minute later, it was gone.

Revere Street, Lexington, is under construction, and closed. Both the Arlington and Lexington DPW had crews out on the Minuteman today, removing leaves, among other things.

I saw a black squirrel; it saw me. When I moved, it moved.

Turned around at Depot Park, Bedford. Had contemplated a longer ride, but a combination of little vagrant rain showers on the ride out, the prospect of more, and what looked to me like the premature beginning of rush hour traffic convinced me to eat the sandwich I had brought along, and head back.

Made better time on the inbound leg than I did on the outbound, partly due to the wind, partly because I was finally warmed up. Enjoyed the remnants of late Fall color as I rolled home.

Looked for the Taylor Lane horses, but didn't see them. Will look again later.

rod