queerpunk
aka mattio

Bikes: yes

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 344 Post(s)
Liked 58 Times in 35 Posts
Originally Posted by rainstar
did it for the kicks, there are few cervelo p3 conversions out there, being this is a tri frame with carbon horizontal ends instead of steel (short as well) Derailleur hangers still intact. I have seen the limitation at the LBS, using a standard chain it was a hassle to put an extra link or two in every time and wheel placement on the short track end was all over the place. We dialed in the limit screw to be perfect for the 16t cog with 50t front and for 14t is just a bit further back but still has enough meat. half link chain on 16t and standard on 14t. My legs are not there yet but If i was going for endurance I could always get a 12t and switch to 53t in front to max out on gear inches, but proper chain length will be yet another puzzle.

is there any difference other than hole placement for 110 vs 130 or 144bcd? Stiffer? 110 seems easier for 3/32.
no, the difference between 110 and 144 is that for 144, there is a high-quality chainring in ever size from 42 on up, which lets you make the smallest possible gear changes.