Old 11-13-15, 10:02 PM
RoadGuy

Bikes: 89 Schwinn 754, 90 Trek 1100, 93 Trek 2300, 94 Trek 1400 (under construction), 94 Trek 930, 97 Trek 1400

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by due ruote
Not my cup of tea but 75-100 seems awfully low. The saddle alone is worth 75.
I'm not a Brooks fanboy, so I don't attach any special value to used saddles I find on bikes. Usually I end up removing and dumping whatever's on a bike when I get it for something I can ride comfortably for 100 miles.

Now if for instance, the bike had a set on near-new Ultegra 600 8-speed shifters, or Shimano dual pivot brake calipers, I would bump the value, for the additional value of the parts. But a nice frame (you can't even tell if the derailleur hanger is still there, and if the frame can be restored) with a bunch of unmatched parts, that's missing the brakes, derailleurs, and shifters just isn't worth much to me. I mean, if you were to try to part it out, what would you have to sell, a Brooks seat? Unfortunately, the crude paint job on the head tube, and non-original fork is not worth anything, and lowers the value of the frame. The crankset is not original, and nothing special. The headset is a inexpensive replacement. What does that leave?

The bike is a rider, nothing more.

Last edited by RoadGuy; 11-13-15 at 10:07 PM.