View Single Post
Old 11-14-15, 12:39 PM
djb

Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2739 Post(s)
Liked 971 Times in 794 Posts
interesting stuff. I have no interest in buying socks, shirts or other clothes shopping, but do like looking at outdoor stuff. Which jacket do you have, there seems to be a whole bunch of atom jackets, so am curious to which model you have.
I dont think Ive tried that stuff, I do have various material of tops and whatnot, so will look around in stores at some point for the jacket you have, or at least other products by these guys.

Basically, I have a whole slew of diff outdoor under stuff, and mix and match layers for a given range of temps, with a shell on top, all zippered and pretty flexible in how you mix it all.
Fleece is always going to loose out with wind going through, I have looked at some neat looking technical jackets for biking (slimmer cut in other words) but have always balked at the price, often $300 sort of prices, where the stuff I have works well enough so just dont have the urge to spend that amount on something I dont really need.

I do know what you mean about newer fabrics, this goes back quite a while, but these Springhill XC pants I have are amazing in how they cut wind, are slightly stretchy, and are amazing for riding in cold weather (under 10c lets say to freezing, at around 0c I add an underlayer of long underwear type stuff).

so yes, I can see that things have made big strides in materials. Again, what is teh model of your jacket? Will try to check it out sometime, not sure if this brnad sells here, but then Ive never really paid attention to the name, so who knows.