Old 11-15-15, 04:49 PM
Vakky

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Antique Gazelle Identification.

Hello everyone!

This will probably be my only post on here unfortunately since I'm more of an antiques person than a bike person but anyway at the start of September, I managed to acquire a lovely old ladies Gazelle bike from a steam fair in Otley for a very reasonable price of 30. When I got it, the rod brake shoes were completely worn, the front tyre looked like it had never been changed and as a result the rubber was peeling off. The rear tyre had been replaced with an ugly modern one that looked awfully out of place and both inner tubes had been replaced with ones that had presta valves that also looked out of place. I replaced all brake shoes with new ones, replaced both inner tubes with ones that had dunlop valves and finally replaced the tyres with vintage whitewalls. Everything else was mechanically sound with no rust at all and original paint. The time period seems to be anywhere from the mid 30's to the early 50's. Any identification help and maybe some info on the bike from you experts would be greatly appreciated!

Here's an image of it from the back of a Morrisons warehouse
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
WP_20151115_14_56_45_Pro.jpg (109.7 KB, 33 views)