Old 11-16-15, 12:44 PM
fender1

Bikes: I hate bikes!

Mentioned: 39 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 429 Post(s)
Liked 710 Times in 233 Posts
Originally Posted by cyclotoine
I know this is a Zombie thread. But this was exactly my experience also. Dr. Deltron basically did the work for charity in my mind. He went to great lengths with decals etc and I know he only did it on the side. I appreciated his attention to detail and he was exceedingly kind and friendly, but unfortunately the paint split and cracked as soon as I started bolting things on. the drop outs, the seat lugs. This kind of settles a debate I have been having for years with that frame... to just ride it as a fixed gear or not? It's a really expensive rider, but the paint isn't perfect and there is a decal error (not DD's fault, but wish he would have noticed when he applied them). So I might as well ride it.
I rode the Trek he did for me as a commuter. The paint & decals looked awesome but didn't hold up too well. He did not charge nearly as much as others would have, so I can't be too critical. I have since learned that re-painting bikes is often times, a loss leader. Now I just spray bomb and ride them. I leave the restorations for others.....