Old 11-20-05, 09:35 PM
TallRider

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 128 Post(s)
Liked 12 Times in 10 Posts
Then, would the MA3 likely not be a problem for a 160# rider, on a highly dished rear wheel? I like the Aerohead OC, but part of me is thinking of the probability that my brother crashes and trashes his wheels, which is pretty high (he was voted by his high school class as the "most likely to die by 25") and don't want to put too much money into the wheel - I'm leaning toward just going with the Sun M13II for that reason - I trust their durability more than the Mavic MA3, plus they're not very expensive.

When I build nice wheels for myself eventually, I may go with the Mavic CXP33, though part of me would like to go with an OC rear rim. I looked over the reviews of the CXP33 at roadbikereview.com and they were consistently praising the rim, which isn't the case with either the Open Pro or the MA3. Thanks to all who commented on the CXP33 here, putting it on my radar screen.

It's interesting that the OC aerohead is so much ligher than the centered version of the rim, given that the OC will only be used on the rear wheel, which experiences much higher stresses.

Last edited by TallRider; 11-20-05 at 09:46 PM.