Old 11-16-15, 02:13 PM
JetBadger

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Running sucks... for the first two weeks, then you get use to it and it becomes fun like cycling!

I have been running and cycling all year. I trained for a century, then ramped up the running and did a marathon. I feel that the running improved my cycling a lot. Cardio wise, running made me a lot stronger on the bike. Running also really helped me ride out of the saddle better. Although the two sports are different, I feel like the compliment each-other well.

For me, the three things that I like more about running are:
1. Better "high" from running... I feel better from a hard run then a hard ride. (This is just my opinion, others may feel differently)
2. Running is way less time consuming. A long run lasts anywhere from 2-4 hours, wheres a long ride is 5+ hours. A short run is 30 min, whereas a short ride is 60-90 min.
3. Running is less weather dependent. Riding in the rain/wind sucks a lot more then running in the rain/wind.

I really enjoy both running and cycling. One thing that you cannot get from running is the speed! Flying down a hill over 40mph is quite a rush and nothing in running has matched that for me.

Now I am on to a heavy swim phase of training before ramping up ironman training!!!