Old 11-20-15, 09:59 PM
veganbikes
Clark W. Griswold

Bikes: Foundry Chilkoot Ti W/Ultegra Di2, Salsa Timberjack Ti, Cinelli Mash Work RandoCross Fun Time Machine, 1x9 XT Parts Hybrid, Co-Motion Cascadia, Specialized Langster, Phil Wood Apple VeloXS Frame (w/DA 7400), Cilo Road Frame, Proteus frame, Ti 26 MTB

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2005 Post(s)
Liked 908 Times in 634 Posts
Originally Posted by Scrodzilla View Post
Slightly off topic but a guy came into the shop a few weeks ago to get a new chain and he got mad when I told him his chainring was worn and should also be replaced.

His response to me showing him the shark-finned teeth was, "That thing is made of METAL. It should last FOREVER". I'm not quite sure what he though his old chain was made of.
Ahhhh, I miss the days of people like that coming into the shop. I remember the one dude who had a flat in addition to a worn out chain, freewheel, no brake pads front or rear (material had worn off), frayed cables and probably a whole host of other problems, just wanted us to fix the flat. We refused because the bike was unsafe and told him when we could get all the work done or at least replace the brake pads and he said he couldn't wait and proceeded to argue with us for 1/2 hour about it all when I could have easily slapped on some brake pads and a new tube and set him up for our next available date.