Old 11-24-15, 06:12 PM
nobodyhere
Banned.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 1 Post
Originally Posted by Rich Gibson
Not here. On Dec 31st I will have been retired for ten years. I'm 73. I was beating my head against the wall trying for the next rung. After leaving work I realized it was an exercise in frustration and was pleased with my decision. Of course you have to be able to retire financially but if you can I suggest doing it. As for not knowing what to do with myself...hah! I have insufficient spare time now. My most important evolution each day is my 90 minutes on my bike or trainer. My wife is a month older and we retired on the same day. She's doing what she loves and also finds little spare time. As is said: "no one, facing death, wishes they had worked more."

Rich
There is so much need in the world, so many people - organizations - charities - churches - needing helpers/volunteers, I just don't understand how someone could say they could find nothing to do Or, alternatively, there are so many places to explore - even close to home - that doing that could utilize time. Or writing, music, speaking, advocating. Whatever.

No problem here finding worthwhile things to occupy my time. I am involved in so many things, I have less available "extra" time than when I was working.