Old 11-29-15, 01:10 PM
VeloFelo54

Bikes: 1951 Claud Butler Massed Start, ca. 1960 Holdsworth Hurricane, ca. 1948 Allin, Stan Butler Special

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I have 2 pairs of Fiamme tubular rims, The first carries the 'Brevetto Longhi' impression exactly as type 2. These are 40 / 32 hole rims and are interesting as the rear rim (40 holes) is 21.5 mm wide and the front (32 holes) 20.5 mm wide. both have curved sides and are track rims. The second set are exactly as type 4 ( again 40 rear - 32 front) and one carries a remnant of the oval label as in the picture shown. When I acquired these rims it was clear from the patina that the remains of the decals were original, so I would suggest that the decal illustrated may well be correct for this rim. Bear in mind that a manufacturer would hardly be likely to discard items like decals purely because he had a new die made reading 'ITALY'. instead of 'MADE IN ITALY' but may have changed the design once the existing type was used up. The 'type 4' rims that I have have a squarer profile (i e suitable for use with brakes) and are approx 21 mm wide.
I have no idea if Fiamme are still in business. I speak no Italian but if I did perhaps contacting them for some history might be useful ?