View Single Post
Old 12-02-15, 09:32 PM
BoSoxYacht
Banned

Location: take your time, enjoy the scenery, it will be there when you get to it

Bikes: 07 IRO BFGB fixed-gear, 07 Pedal Force RS

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by PepeM
I admit 'proven' doesn't really mean much. As for those three, I would have to take your word (and that one of a few other forum posters) for it. I definitely do not think you are lying, it is just that the little I know from those companies is not enough to convince me to buy from them. I would never tell anyone not to though, honestly I don't know enough to have an opinion either way. You have first hand experience so your feedback is certainly valuable to a potential customer.

I figured Performance and/or Nashbar would show up, although I have never heard of Pedal Force before. While I do consider Performance and Nashbar quite reputable and trustworthy companies, they are not really bike designers/manufacturers, they just sell stuff. I do not know who designed those frames or with what purpose in mind or where they are manufactured and to which standards which is just something I do not like. Now, I am not saying they are bad frames, I honestly do not know what level of quality they are built up to or with what purpose (although I am sure they won't break just by staring at them or anything like that.)

Some would claim that I have just 'drank the Kool-Aid' and maybe they are not wrong, but I do prefer purchasing items from companies with a visible presence. Doesn't have to be a major brand necessarily, but I really do not like rebranded stuff. Now, that does not mean that I would try to sway someone away from a Chinese no-name frame or one of the Nashbar ones, just that I rather purchase elsewhere.
If you search "Pedal Force Bikeforums" on google, pages of threads on Pedal Force will show up.