View Single Post
Old 12-06-15, 04:23 PM
timdow
Miles to Go

Bikes: 2022 Juiced Crosscurrent X, 2022 Fuji Touring, 1998 Schwinn Moab (drop bar conversion), 2010 LHT (Stolen)

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 151 Post(s)
Liked 145 Times in 95 Posts
Originally Posted by sprocketss
Besides visiting my friend in LA everything is fluid, several things come to mind tho, while I am now in training for the tour, I assume the conditions when you are on the road are just that more challenging, and there will be many unknowns and challenges I have not even considered. I do assume that you do become somewhat battle hardened within a week or two, and endurance will increase, but I do have an out, I have a bike travel bag, so if the conditions become too onerous, and I am "running out of road" so to speak, I can zip the bike into the bag, get on a bus to get over the difficult bits. This first tour is more a vacation than what you hardened vets would call a tour, I do plan to spend several days in each of the National parks to truly experience them. I am sure three weeks will slip by depressing fast.
Tour... vacation... one in the same the pace and mode are up to you. One thing that is difficult is to get used to riding with all the gear. Good idea to train with it for a few weeks prior. Not returning to home and being a wanderer is both liberating and scary. Great fun!