View Single Post
Old 12-08-15, 02:55 PM
sprocketss

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by timdow View Post
I wore these when I was in the Army. I wish I still had some. They are indeed light and fairly inexpensive. The only drawback is they get to smelling so need to be washed regularly. Here is what might be a better deal: https://shop.vtarmynavy.com/complete...FZFgfgodZokP7Q Looks to be one step heavier - the shirt has the higher collar and zipper.
Tim, thanks for the link, yes, it is a better deal. But are they long underwear? Which is fine, as I am looking to create a set of clothes that I can layer for all types of weather.

Originally Posted by fietsbob View Post
Polyester has received surface treatments that make it wick sweat really well ..

Like Patagonia Capilene Capilene Performance Baselayers
Thanks for the link, I have to be mindful of my budget, but I am looking into it.

Originally Posted by Tourist in MSN View Post
Are you planning to wear that bike touring? Or is this for other outdoor winter activities? When I go bike touring, I like to have layers I can easily shed. Long underwear is not in that category.

Winter camping, or camping in the fall when it goes below freezing, I like polyester long underwear. Lightweight and packs down for packing. But, harder to shed during the day. For that I often use polartec pants that I can put on over everything else.
Hi, I'm planning for both eventualities, as I expect to camp at national parks for several days at a time, where I could see snow.

Originally Posted by indyfabz View Post
I will take Duo Fold LJs for night sleeping if I am expecting cold nights. I would never ride long distances in them. The ones I use have no fleece but still keep me warm enough.
Yes I seen that brand come up in searches before I even had it in my checkout basket. I think I need more feedback as to what exactly I need for this upcoming bike tour

Originally Posted by Biketouringhobo View Post
yes but look on http://www.campmor.com/

Terramar EC2 Military fleece Expedition weight pants $19.99 #35170

Terramar EC2 Military fleece Expedition weight crew shirt $19.99 #35169

use campmor10 at check out to get 10%off
Thanks, I'm checking out those links.

At this point I am confused as to what layers I need to bike tour and camp in both Joshua Tree and Grand Canyon National Park. What I've ordered so far is a wicking base compression top and bottom layer made of 84% Nylon and 16% Spandex, for the outer layers an Outdoor Research Ferrosi Hoody and Outdoor Research Transcendent Sweater. I'm now looking to purchase the mid-layers, I feel I can expect all kinds of weather plus a have to remain warm at night, while I do have a mummy sleeping bag rated at 25F, I will probably need to layer to remain warm.

Last edited by sprocketss; 12-08-15 at 05:17 PM.