Thread: Vegans
View Single Post
Old 12-12-15, 05:12 AM
GeorgeBMac

Bikes: 2012 Trek DS 8.5 all weather hybrid, 2008 LeMond Poprad cyclocross, 1992 Cannondale R500 roadbike

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by mgwilder
https://www.nutritionalresearch.org/research

Articles & Studies | Dr. Esselstyn's Prevent & Reverse Heart Disease Program

I'm always interested in research, but a) I take them with a grain of salt and b) we are all individuals and what works for one group may not work for another. All I know is that it's working for me. As someone who is a quintuple bypass candidate with 2 arteries completely blocked, a WFPB diet (Dr. Fuhrman) with Ornish's protocol for stress reduction (Yes, I am a graduate of Spectrum) I am making strides in reducing my plaque burden.

I don't recommend this to people because what works for me might not necessarily work for you. I do suggest people become more mindful about what they consume and the effect it has on their well being. I'm glad that you have found what works for you. A healthy person is a happy person. I know that my body cannot process the cholesterol that it produces, let alone from dietary sources, that is why I am still on statins in spite of the dietary restrictions I am on. My most recent labs show that my lipid panel is at birth level and the rest of my numbers are spot on, so I must be doing something correct.
Congrats on your success!
... You obviously worked hard and it has paid off...

The reversal of your plaque is impressive.
And, by the way, I recently read a study that said that a zero percent plaque level provided a 15 year guarantee against heart attack! I don't know if it's true, but I like to think it is. I last had a coronary calcium scan about 20 years ago and it also showed zero percent. But, unfortunately, it looks like my warranty is up -- so I follow the Esselstyn/McDougal type diets...

But I disagree that these diets are 'not for everyone'. If everyone did follow them we would save trillions per year in health care costs treating the chronic diseases caused by the Standard American Diet. I'm not sure how long we can afford to keep paying the bills for those dietary diseases.