Old 12-15-15, 06:58 AM
qcpmsame 
Semper Fi

Bikes: '80 Medici Pro Strada, '86 Tommasini Prestige, '12 CAAD 10 Ultegra

Mentioned: 83 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1033 Post(s)
Liked 59 Times in 49 Posts
If you can manage doing the trainer, and aren't interested in investing in some good winter kit, that will help you maintain a pretty good level of fitness. They can be excruciatingly boring to use, though. I went ahead and got some winter gear when I returned to cycling a few years back, it was well worth the time and slight cost. I just ride much the same amount as the warmer seasons, now, and its pretty enjoyable out in colder weather, to me. If people like TSL can hang in, with his weather on the Great Lakes, and Nobodyhere, can do things in the Rockies during their winters, its possible for anyone so inclined to get out, if you have the initiative and drive. (Some will say its a lack of brain cells, on my part, oh well, I can deal with that, I am a Marine and its expected, I guess.)

Also, don't let your nutrition go to hell during the cold months, that can play a big part in how much fitness you lose. The holidays can be a tempting time, use moderation in all things, or pay the price. As said, best of luck on your riding, and on maintaining that hard earned fitness level, ain't it great to be worrying about such.....

Bill
"I Can Do All Things Through Christ, Whom Strengthens Me" Philippians 4:13