genec
genec

Bikes: custom built, sannino, beachbike, giant trance x2

Mentioned: 86 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13658 Post(s)
Liked 4,532 Times in 3,158 Posts
Originally Posted by Dave Cutter
I regularly cross a road that has a million + cars/users a month. Every idiotic thing that can happen in traffic happens there. People will always act like people. This really is a cup half... something or the other. It isn't about traffic or any particular motorist (or cyclist). It's about attitude.

Every ride I take is a true joy. Oh sure... every now-and-again I have to take a deep breath after a close call... but that is very rare. If I wasn't having fun... I'd buy a sports car.
Look I generally agree with you... Most of the time I ride, no problem... but like you there are those now and then moments... what gets me is that the now and then moments may be caused by folks that are angry just because you are doing just the right thing.

My "stats" for "situations" is something like this... about once, maybe twice a year, I encounter some rage situation. Maybe once a month or so, I encounter some situation of motorist just not paying attention... nothing intentional like a rage thing, but potentially dangerous none the less...