View Single Post
Old 03-08-03, 07:05 PM
dazco

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I'm sorry !!! I really am......after asking this i went to my LBS to get a floor pump and ended up talking to the mechanic for about a 1/2 hour about brakes. He convinced me the way to go is hydro. He didn't even have the ones he recommended in stock, and from that and his attitude i believe he was being honest with me. One of those guys who just loves to talk bikes, and seemed sincere.

Then he showed me a few bikes with mechanical and hydros. That covinced me beyond anything anyone tells me !! They hydros were far far FAR more powerfull, which is what i need. The mechanical felt less powerfull than my V's !

In any case, i AM convinced, which leads to more dilemmas.........which hydro?! He swears by the Magura Julie as THE best hydro disc system on a budget. $229 for the set (front and back and all hardware) if i buy it there, probably about $30 less online. He said hayes (sp?) are better, but not nearly enough to justify the cost. Sounded like he felt they were close, and he said the Magura Julie is very powerful. Any thoughts on this?

I was close to just telling him to order me a set, but i figured i'd consult you guys and look at the reviews first. Reviews seem good. By the way, the newer sets have alloy levers, not plastic as some reviews mention.