View Single Post
Old 01-17-16, 07:25 PM
AZORCH

Bikes: 1966 Paramount | 1971 Raleigh International | ca. 1970 Bernard Carre | 1989 Waterford Paramount | 2012 Boulder Brevet | 2019 Specialized Diverge

Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 129 Post(s)
Liked 77 Times in 40 Posts
Well, this has to be one of my favorite threads in a long, long time! There's a real soft spot in my heart for sports tourers, mainly because they really fit my approach to cycling better than a "true" racer or a "true" touring bike.

This was my 1984 Peugeot P8 - one of the few bikes I've passed along that I truly regret letting go of. Obviously completely re-imagined from the original, but boy did it ride nicely!

A ca. 1976 Centurion Super LeMans. It weighed a ton, but was comfy as heck so long as you were ok not going especially fast...

My "baby" is not C&V, but I think the Boulder Brevet qualifies as a sports touring model.

'66 Paramount P12 - it's got eyelets front and back and fits wider tires, so it's sports tourer-ish, right?

My oft posted '71 Raleigh International, probably one of the bikes most often thought of as a classic sports touring model - and for pretty good reason.