Old 01-18-16, 08:21 PM
carleton
Elitist

Mentioned: 82 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1201 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by wens View Post
15.6 lbs on my bathroom scale, so I guess I'm fine. Stupid rule for track bikes though.
Bathroom scales can be off by a lot. Trust me, I monitored my weight religiously for years and generic bathroom scales are the worst for being accurate or repeatable.

That being said, tell us about your event. Are they going to weigh every bike and send you packing if you are 1oz under 15lbs or if you don't fit on the bike jig? Or is it on the honor system where they want everyone to do their best to get used to racing under UCI/USA Cycling rules. I would do this. It would suck to train the entire season with your saddle 2cm behind your BB then realize at Nationals you have to be 5cm back. It may not affect your performance, but it may affect your confidence*.

*I once had bike check 15 minutes before a Kilo at Masters. I failed because my aerobar extensions were like 6" too far forward. I had to hustle and adjust them as opposed to getting ready for my event. I was rattled a bit.

The reason I ask is that Bike Check is time (and resource) consuming. I've been to Masters Track Nationals where they express: If you think you are going to break a national or world record, go to bike check before you race. Otherwise, it's on the honor system.