View Single Post
Old 11-25-05, 05:51 AM
The Seldom Kill
imminent danger

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Been having some trouble with gloves recently. I normally wear some old school style cycling cloves with the crochet backs and padded chamois palms. These don't work too well in sub zero temperatures so I bought some heavy waterproof winter gloves. These proved to be too hot for the ride and I needed to find some middle ground.

I found some nice thin thermal gloves in a running shop round the corner from work which fit inside the cycling gloves nicely and don't restrict movement of the fingers. If it gets frighteningly cold when I'm in Canada they should prove to be a good base layer inside the proper winter gloves.

As for the face thing. I tried growing beard this year but it just isn't working. I doesn't insulate that well in high winds and I look like a drug addled bear. I'm going to revert to last years measure of using a pollution mask. They nicely cover the mouth, nose and much of the exposed area of the cheeks. However, they don't press up against the mouth leaving is feeling manky and wet when you're breathing.