Old 02-02-16, 12:28 PM
SevenTwentyNine

Bikes: Wheelbarrow

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by emveezee
May be a tangent, but you keep posting photos of your setup. What's your inseam? I think you said you're 6', but I can't imagine that saddle height working for an honest 6'. Photo of you riding?
Lol I don't specifically post photos of my set up, I just post photos of my bike and people notice the set up. I think I'm 6'0'' well that's according to my drivers license stats which have not been updated since 2007. Maybe I've grown. From boxing I do know I have long arms, did a measurement once and found out they're probably longer than usual for my height (possibly still 6ft). I don't have pictures of me riding, weird I know but I mostly ride alone and when I group ride it's usually fast ones and no one is playing paparazzi but the day I get a pic showing me riding I'll share. The whole thing with the saddle height that everyone seems to notice is a lot less dramatic that you'd think. When I got the bike in 2014 I got fitted by the LBS and it never really felt right peddling for long ride so I just kept adjusting the saddle height until it felt most comfortable and here I am now. The bar drop is just because my back and neck and reach let me do that

Originally Posted by Phil_gretz
You have a bike that works. You've admitted to having made bike purchases on which you've later taken losses...

You're asking whether to use restraint here, too. All of the bike banter is just in fun, so...

Have you run the numbers for taking that $2K and putting it in an IRA for tax year 2015 yet? Just an option...
I know I know, but I also haven't spoilt myself in a while and cycling is one way I reward myself for the long hours I put in week in week out working a lot. Just need to keep it in moderation and not overdo it like I once did.

Originally Posted by caloso
That Allez is a really hot bike. If I could justify a bike just for crits, I would be all over it. But even Joe Flatlander needs to ride up a hill every once in awhile so the 1x11 isn't going to do it for me.

(There's a rumor that next year they'll weld a FD boss to the seat tube like any sane person would.)
Yeah I feel this would be a non-issue and I'd have it in my garage already if it had a FD but that 1x11 is borderline.