Thread: Ideale Saddles
View Single Post
Old 02-05-16, 10:16 AM
rhm
multimodal commuter

Bikes: 1940s Fothergill, 1959 Allegro Special, 1963? Claud Butler Olympic Sprint, Lambert 'Clubman', 1974 Fuji "the Ace", 1976 Holdsworth 650b conversion rando bike, 1983 Trek 720 tourer, 1984 Counterpoint Opus II, 1993 Basso Gap, 2010 Downtube 8h, and...

Mentioned: 420 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1491 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by jetboy View Post
another saddle to look out for is Lycett. Good quality but lacks the Brooks name brand recognition - and its not french so also.. less fanatics

Lycett was one of Brooks' lower line brands. I'm not sure exactly what that means, whether they were made in the same factory or what, but Lycett used the same frame and hardware as Brooks, with minor differences (Brooks saddles had eyelets in the bag loops; Brooks saddles used a chromed nose piece, the Lycett version was painted black; &c). The Lycett Swallow in your photo is almost exactly the same as a Wrights Swallow. The only difference, beside the name, was that the Lycett has a badge on the back, which the Wrights lacked. I recently recovered one, which is dated 1959: