eastbay71

Bikes: the bikes own me

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by newbie2345
Originally Posted by Clamms
I've got a 1988 Bridgestone CB-1 almost identical to the one in the pic, except for a few modifications over the years as the bike has been serviced. I still use it on and off to commute, which is about 2.5 miles each way, mostly on paved roads. It's been kept indoors and is still in pretty decent shape. In the spring I'lll be buying myself a 50th birthday present - a Specialized Sirrus Sport Disc - which I'm really looking forward to. Question is, do I sell the Bridgestone to defray the cost of the Sirrus (it's probably worth about $75) or keep it as a back up or maybe my son can use it when he goes away to college in a few years.

Dear Newbies! Welcome! It's always nice to have new folks to chat with. If you would like to have a discussion in the forum how about starting a new thread instead of resurecting an old dead thread? For instance the question about whether this Nishiki is worth $350 (it isn't) should have been it's own thread in the C&V Appraisal section.

But to answer your questions @newbie2345 that Nishiki is in great shape. Looks like original tires even. But @Darth Lefty nailed it, with turkey levers and stem shifters this is at best a $100 bike.
@Clamms Nice birthday present! I would give the CB-1 to your son if he wants it. You're not going to want to ride it after you get your new bike.