TheKillerPenguin
Nonsense

Bikes: Affirmative

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 880 Post(s)
Liked 541 Times in 237 Posts
Originally Posted by RoboIsGod
Yeah so I feel I must share that I F'N QUIT! Yes that's right, I quit drinking coffee completely. This is mostly a big deal because of the strong habit I had (4-8 cups a day) but also because of how ubiquitous coffee/caffeine is in the cycling world.

I honestly didn't realize how good of an idea it was until my first day 'clean'. I seriously felt like CRAP. Headache off and on all day and feeling like I was only half awake. It took about 2-3 days for my body to feel normal, and now I'm feeling great. In retrospect, coffee made me feel really 'up and down', whereas now I feel like my energy is at constant level. Also, coffee was really messing with my gut (which originally was why I wanted to quit). Similarly with my energy, I feel like my gut is relaxed and can do what it needs to do, naturally. Coffee definitely kept me regular, but I've gotten used to going when my body needs to go.

Anyway, I hope this can help anyone else who wants to quit or cut back. Quitting was one of the best life decisions I've ever made, so I definitely recommend it. After a month or so I'll probably have a coffee every once in a blue moon, but in no way do I want to go back to having such a habit.
*makes a french press for trainer time*

Huh. I may actually have a problem.