Old 02-26-16, 10:01 AM
Cjerk

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Specialized Crossroad questions from a newbie

Good morning everyone,

I know what youre thinking, here's this newbie who just created his account, and already hounding us with questions..lol. Its true, I will be the first to admit that Im new at this and need help. What better place to find it.

Heres my story. I hauled off some scrap metal for a guy last year, and included in the lot was several bicycles. A Cannondale m300, a Specialized Crossroads a Trek 820 and a Trek 220. The Cannondale was in great condition, and I sold it right away (stupidly, for 150.00). I sold the Trek 820 (stupidly for 100.00). I decided to keep the Specialized because it seemed more "me". The other Trek now just sits in the backyard.

I want to get the Crossroads road-ready and I need tires. The rear one has huge holes on the sides and I can hardly find any markings on them. (yes, they are in terrible condition). I did look on the rimss, and it says ARAYA 700 CPX-45 on them. Ok, like i said, im new. ive looked online to see what fits, and im even dumber now on the topic than before. Bear in mind, we were "walmart bike people" before i stumbled upon these bikes, so im used to 24", 26" tires etc. trying to cipher this is like pulling teeth online. I just need to know what tire/tubes I will need to fit this thing.

Ask someone thru facebook and you get asked a million questions in return. such as: My size, my riding skill level, the distance im going for, etc. Here are those answers. Im 5'8, 185 lbs, and I just wanna cruise around the hood with my son a few times. 5 miles per ride, tops. any suggestions?