That darn Yankee

Bikes: Mongoose XR-100, Eros Bianchi

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by skazat
Damn.

I actually did take a ride to where Jim was hit today because of all this - guess what? There *is* a bike lane along the street - if you take Broadway allllll the way South to where it ends, you get to Wildcat Reserve Parkway - right near the sign that says you gotta go right or left (kinda looks like this <- ->), are two bike path signs, one pointing East, one pointing west.

In Colorado at least, there's a few grades of bikepaths, from full on dedicated paths that meander their way through the city, under bridges, with mileage signs, rotaries (I kid you not!), speed limit signs, etc, to designated lanes on the side of the road - the kind with a picture of a bicyclist. The one on Wildcat Reserve Parkway isn't designated that way, but the shoulder for this road is immense (4 feet?) - that's basically what you're supposed to ride your bike on - it's more than adequate - I road it just fine; no honking, no nothin'.

I was looking for the place he got hit, but, surprisingly, there were no flowers or memorial or anything. Either that, or it wasn't on Wildcat Reserve Parkway and Summit View Road, as the news reported.

Or I'm completely blind.

Anyways - had flowers for you Jim! Still do! I'll get'm to you one way or another...
setup a memorial for him :'(