Old 02-28-16, 09:14 PM
dddd
Ride, Wrench, Swap, Race

Bikes: Cheltenham-Pedersen racer, Boulder F/S Paris-Roubaix, Varsity racer, '52 Christophe, '62 Continental, '92 Merckx, '75 Limongi, '76 Presto, '72 Gitane SC, '71 Schwinn SS, etc.

Mentioned: 113 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1106 Post(s)
Liked 564 Times in 398 Posts
Any alloy crank labeled "FUJI" is a mid-range, two-piece crank made by Sugino with JIS taper. These correspond to "Sugino Maxy" dimensions.

An ISO bb needs to be about 5mm longer (2.5mm per side) to give the same mounted "chanline" spacing of the crankarms as a JIS bb. This because the ISO taper is slightly smaller/thinner.

I would first test-fit using an English-threaded, 122mm symmetrical Shimano cartridge bb, then judge whether that gives a proper centering of the chainrings within the spread of the freewheel stack in back.
I am near-certain that the 122mm will work, and the cartridge style bb won't care if your bb is 68 or 70mm.

You can sight rearward along the sides of clean chainrings once you get a known bottom bracket in place. I would not bother fussing with cup/cone spindles unless as I do you perhaps have an assortment of them at hand. The Shimano cartridges are inexpensive and trouble-free.

Last edited by dddd; 02-28-16 at 09:18 PM.