View Single Post
Old 02-29-16, 09:32 AM
Drew Eckhardt 

Bikes: 97 Litespeed, 50-39-30x13-26 10 cogs, Campagnolo Ultrashift, retroreflective rims on SON28/PowerTap hubs

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 544 Post(s)
Liked 303 Times in 214 Posts
Originally Posted by workingthrewit View Post
Thanks for the replies.

I'm trying to stay around 100 or less.

Which bib shorts would be the coolest (temperature wise), and could handle a century? Anything 100 or less, or will I need to spend more?
I think you'll need to spend more if you don't get last season's close-outs or custom program sizing samples.

It's a natural side effect of making products for specific markets with different expectations and willingness to part with their money.

Soft pads are more attractive to more casual riders who intuitively believe that will make them more comfortable atop a hard bicycle seat, don't ride far enough non-cycling shorts become too uncomfortable, and aren't willing to spend a lot for clothing with benefits they perceive as largely aesthetic.

Ride for enough hours, you'll find the differences between shorts much more significant (intolerable in some cases), and be willing to pay a lot more to stay comfortable.

Many experienced riders won't wear anything but Assos with a $190 entry-level model.

Last edited by Drew Eckhardt; 02-29-16 at 11:11 AM.